The Artist Athlete's
Act Creation Intensive
The Act Creation Intensive is an 8 week structured course designed to help you create the act of your dreams.
“I spend too much time on the inspiration part and not nearly enough time (or any) making the thing a reality. This intensive is forcing me to pick an idea and follow it to the end.”
– Dee Anna, current member
Who Should Be Looking at This:
You if you:
- have a fantastic idea but need the structure to work on it
- want to create but feel uninspired or intimidated or both
- can’t figure out how to meld the artistic with the athletic
- crave a supportive group of like minded and passionate artists
- know how to have a good time
Not you if you’re:
- injured and healing
- just beginning your aerial journey (like, if this is your first YEAR in the game)
- not using adequate equipment (unsafe rigging is an automatic disqualification!)
- mean, judgmental, or just kind of a dick
I’m taking EVERY discipline. Try me. We’ll make the thing.
The Intensive Includes:
- 8 weekly entertaining group meet-ups with other dope artists to learn, get support, ask questions, and prioritize your creativity.
- 8 weeks worth of fun assignments (also known as quests) that will enable you to access parts of yourself you didn’t know you had.
- A one hour 1:1 call with me to give you direction and help with your personal act
- An invitation to the most fun, most insightful Facebook group of people who have come before and are still making and sharing their work!
“The Act Intensive is the bee’s knees- like seriously, it’s probably one of my favorite things I’ve ever signed up for in my life… It’s removing so many blocks for me. I feel like I have more focus, I have a better understanding of what I need to do as an athlete, I have more things I want to try… Shannon you are a QUEEN, thank you so much, I love it.” -Jesse, current member
I mean… Zoom… where else?
Each meeting will have a physical and creative component, and we will do various tasks throughout the week to show and tell to the group.
Note: you do not have to have access to your equipment during our group meetings, but you do need to have access to your equipment during the week.
The itinerary looks like this:
- Week 1– Creating a baseline training plan
- Week 2– Gathering outside inspiration
- Week 3– Discovering your physical prowess
- Week 4– Constructing your dream act
- Week 5– Han Solo-ing your darlings
- Week 6– Gluing down the pieces
- Week 7– Whip cream and cherries (Refinement)
- Week 8– Show time!
To accommodate the overwhelming amount of interest from my friends, fans, and foes from all over the world, I’ve decided to offer the SAME material at two different times during the week.
- Tuesday Group: May 11th – June 29th 6pm-8pm EDT
- Thursday Group: May 13th – July 1st 1:30pm-3:30pm EDT
You must choose one group and you may not switch between them.
“This intensive is not like anything I’ve ever done before. It’s like a college course in creativity. It’s pushing me out of my comfort zone and I love it.”
-Cyn, current member
In addition to the two hour meetings, you’ll need to plan some time during the week for your assignments. If you already have a training routine- expect to have it slightly interrupted to give space to act creation.
If you know you SHOULD have a training routine, but you don’t because… ya know, life, DON’T STRESS. That’s Week 1!
$750usd upfront or two payments of $400usd. This payment is refundable until 7 days before the start date. Refunds less than 7 days before will be at 50%
***For Canadians: $850cad or two payments of $450 if paid via interac transfer***
Yes and Yes.
The most valuable part of this process is the support fostered in a group of artists going through the same thing you are. This work requires that you SHOW UP. Keep your camera on. Share your work.
Of course, life happens and if you’re really into this but have to miss like, one or two weeks, that’s ok. We all understand. However, you cannot miss the final session.
All of the assignments are shown on video. You do not need access to your equipment during the group meetings and we will provide technical support for you.
Let’s be honest honey, are you EVER going to feel flexible/strong enough? Probably not. It’s probably just fear talking.
This intensive is based on the premise that any artist at any level can be creative. I’m not really concerned with your technical ability. As long as you have some tricks up your sleeve and know the basics (like, you’ve been working on your craft longer than there’s been a global pandemic) you’ll be just fine.
That’s not really a question, but I’ll answer you anyway.
I know it can be intimidating, but this intensive is designed as a safe place to explore your creative potential. If you’ve read this far, there’s a part of you that wants to go exploring. Fear is an excellent indicator of desire. So let yourself do it!